Olga Saladukha expressed her patriotic position. A recently retired track and field athlete called on the sports community to respond to Russian aggression against Ukraine.
The Ukrainian athlete and deputy of the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine could not ignore the tense situation that has developed in Ukraine. On her Facebook page, the athlete wrote a strong post in which she asked the sports community not to be silent, but to act.
Solodukha quoted the words of the founder of the modern Olympic Games, Pierre de Coubertin, who said, “Oh, sport. You are the world! “.
The former athlete is convinced that in a situation where the peace of the Ukrainian state is threatened, sport should have a say. According to her, the sports community should intervene in politics if necessary, since sport is not outside politics.
Today, the threat of war hangs over Ukraine. Big, brutal and deadly. And the global sporting community must not remain silent. I urge him to speak out and condemn Russian aggression against Ukraine. International sports federations, national sports associations of leading countries – their position will be an important moral support not only for our athletes, but for all Ukrainians.
– called Solodukha.
- Due to ministry sanctions, CSKA football club suffered from American finances.
- Britain also joined US stocks. Due to its sanctions, football and hockey clubs in Russia suffered losses.
“Donetsk, Lugansk, Crimea are Ukraine”
Its message says that sport must fulfill one of its missions – to protect the world. Silence will be a rejection of those fundamental principles which constitute its essence.
The 2012 Olympic medalist hopes that the sports part of the world will react to such actions of Russia in relation to Ukraine and show solidarity as soon as possible.
Saladukha ended her message with powerful words about occupied Ukrainian lands.
The aggressor will certainly lose, because we are fighting for peace and our native land! Donetsk, Luhansk, Crimea – this is Ukraine!,
– wrote the athlete.
What is known about Olga Saladukh
- Titled Ukrainian athlete, who in 2012 in London brought the country Olympic bronze in the triple jump. Multiple winner of the European and World Championships.
- At Tokyo 2020, the athlete failed to reach the final of the Olympic Games.
- On January 22, 2022, she officially put an end to her professional career. Saladukha did it quite symbolically at the White Panther Children’s Jumping Cup. The athlete noted that she was passing the baton to the youngster.